Preparing to embark on her final WNBA season, Indiana Fever star Tamika Catchings has announced dates and sites of her 12-city Legacy Tour.
The WNBA superstar and four-time Olympic gold medalist unveiled plans for a Legacy Tour in February, with a shoe design contest for Nike shoes she will wear in each city of the Legacy Tour. During her 16th pro season, Catchings and her Catch The Stars Foundation will conduct a postgame fundraising party in each of the 12 WNBA cities she visits. Catchings will interact and sign autographs with fans while conducting an auction of various high-end Catchings items including the game-specific shoes she wore in the game that night.
With intentions of establishing a legacy of giving, and at the same time helping extend her Foundation into each of those cities for future events, the Catch The Stars Foundation (CTSF) will issue a $2,000 grant to a local community partner that promotes fitness, literacy and mentoring, similar to the Catch The Stars mission – for a total of $24,000 across 12 WNBA cities. The cost for fans and corporate partners to attend each Catchings Legacy Party is $24. The first 75 registrants in each city will receive a Catchings Legacy Tour t-shirt. Fans can register to attend at CatchTheStars.org.
A goal is for the Catch The Stars Foundation to raise $100,000 during Catchings’ final season to support the foundation’s objectives that include expanded programming into 11 new cities in 2017. Catchings plans to expand CTSF programs beyond Indianapolis, into every WNBA market.
Through 24 days in March, as part of the Legacy Tour announcement, fans participated in the Tamika Catchings Legacy Tour Shoe Design Contest. Twelve top designs have been chosen for Catchings to wear and auction during the Legacy Tour. Winners receive an autographed copy of Catchings’ recently released, bestselling autobiography, “Catch A Star,” and a Tamika Catchings Legacy Tour t-shirt.
- Sunday, May 29 at Atlanta (3:00 p.m.)
- Friday, June 3 at New York (7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 14 at Minnesota (7:00 p.m.)
- Friday, June 17 at San Antonio (7:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, June 25 at Dallas (7:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 29 at Chicago (12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, July 6 at Los Angeles (7:30 p.m.)
- Friday, July 8 at Phoenix (7:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, July 10 at Seattle (4:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 27 at Indiana (7:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, September 11 at Washington (4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, September 13 at Connecticut (7:00 p.m.)
* All times LOCAL. Dates may not coincide with Catchings’ final game in each city.
Catch the Stars Foundation was founded in 2004 to empower youth to achieve their dreams through goal-setting programs that promote fitness, literacy, and mentoring. The foundation meets needs through a specific emphasis on supporting and assisting under-served and low-to-moderate income communities throughout Indianapolis.